Thursday, April 9, 2015

Tucson Day 3 & 4

Friday was our last full day in Tucson.  This was our "free day" and we were able to do whatever we wanted.  The resort had an awesome pool area, golfing, a spa, and they were running a shuttle every 30 minutes to a local shopping area.  That morning when we got up, we went to a Starbucks that was located in the resort.  We took our breakfast out to the pool area, found a little ledge to perch on, and just sat and talked and ate our breakfast.  It was pretty early (like 7am Tucson time), so it was pretty much just us outside.  Honestly, it was one of my favorite parts of the trip.  It was really quiet, we were all alone, everything was just waking up, and it was just so peaceful.  Matt and I talked just about our life, our plans, obstacles we've made it through.  It was just an awesome morning.

The view was breath-taking!  The mountains just didn't look real - I loved looking at them.

I love this man.  I love being his wife.  

After breakfast, we spent some time in our room reading, taking a nap (we lived up being able to nap!), and then we headed to a little sandwich shop next to the golf course on the resort.  After lunch, we headed out to the pool for the afternoon!  We laid out, took a few short dips on the pool, ordered some pool-side food, and even took a turn on the water slide.  It was a very relaxing, perfect afternoon!

I loved the pool-side service.  There's nothing like being able to be even more lazy while you're being lazy.  ;)  Matt had been wanting to try a prickly pear margarita (I mean - you have to try that when you're in the desert, right?), and he said it didn't disappoint!  I tried it, but did noooot like it.

Pool-side chips and guac.

We headed back the room to get ready for dinner.  This night was our "fancy night" and the awards dinner for the trip.  They did say black tie on the paperwork, but we did not do the tux/long dress route (some people did!).  We just stuck to a cocktail dress and a suit - but we still clean up nicely if I do say so myself!

This man is good looking in a suit!

Saturday morning, we were on a shuttle to the airport at 4:00 am (yuck!)  We grabbed a quick bite to eat once we went through security and then sent a picture to the kids.

When we got to Atlanta, we only had a 1 hour layover and had to get to a different concourse - it was a tad stressful!  Our flight went from Atlanta to Tallahassee, and then we still had a 2 hour drive home.  We were exhausted!

Once we made it back to Valdosta, we were so excited to go get our kids!  Well - I was.  Matt was sad about the vacation being over - haha.

A few days after getting home, Matt's award arrived at his office (the star on the right - this was the "Shining Star" trip).  It makes a nice little addition to his award set-up in his office!  This is not a bad stash for just hitting 2 years with the company!

I am so proud of Matt and how hard he has been working!  I'm also so thankful for a company that rewards it's employees like this!  In addition to the trip and the award, we also got a $500 Amex Gift Card for the trip - that is just amazing!  The trip for next year will either be San Diego, Phoenix, San Antonio, Las Vegas, or Miami.  I'm really pulling for San Diego, and I'm really pushing Matt to make it again.  If you can do it once, you can do it again, right?  ;)


1 comment:

Emily said...

looks like it was an AWESOME time!!!!!! So happy for y'all!!!!