Monday, November 25, 2013

Fall Break

Several years ago, my school system adopted a new, shorter calendar.  The plus side?  I'm in school 20 days less than other systems around me.  That means 20 days MORE that I'm home with my babies every year.  The down side?  NONE of my breaks correspond with the counties around me (except for Thanksgiving and Christmas).  In the middle of October, I had a two day fall break.  Sadly, it came the week AFTER LL's fall break.  That aside, I enjoyed those two days to their fullest!!  Here's a look at what I did:

I can not tell you how much I enjoyed being home with my kids in the morning.  I typically leave for work at 6:30 am.  LL is usually up (but not really functioning), but Cooper doesn't get up until 7am every day.  Seeing them in the morning was so great!  Cooper, of course, was into EVERYTHING.  We had taken the car seats out of the car so that I could clean them, and he thought it was the perfect place to play.

I LOVED being able to get LL ready for school!!  I never do!  She asked me to straighten her hair for the two days that I was home.  


After Daddy took LL to school, Coop and I ran some errands.  First stop - getting my oil changed.

While we waited, Cooper had fun just walking around and chewing on my Disney Magic Band that I still had in my purse.

After getting my oil changed, we stopped over at Target to pick up some things.  He loved riding in the buggy by himself.  Isn't he such a stud??

We even got some Christmas ideas for sister!

After errands, we went to hang out with Gigi for a little bit before it was time to go pick up LL from school.  Cooper LOVES to be outside, so that's where we spent most of our time.

Waiting in the pick-up line.  I know most people don't love this part, but I felt so blessed to be able to do this for two days.  

After picking up LL, we hit up Chick-Fil-A, of course!

Doesn't this just melt your heart??  They really do love each other so so much.

We ended our night with dinner, a walk, and a check-up for Sofia from Dr. Butterfly.

Tuesday started out the same way - morning time with my babies and getting LL ready for school!

After we dropped LL off for school, Coop and I headed over to Emily's house to have a play-date with Britt!

Maybe Britt will go for younger guys?

Poor guy was WORN OUT after his play date and just couldn't stay awake on the way home!

While the kids napped, FedEx delivered our tickets for the FSU game!

When the kids got up from nap, we spent time watching the construction crews build houses across the street...

...and playing with cars.

We finished fall break with delicious home-made corn chowder that was TO DIE for.

It was a wonderful two days home, and I'm so blessed to work in a job where I get so much time off to spend with my family!


No comments: