Friday, May 29, 2009

Summer Week 1 (May 28 - 30)

Summer officially started for me on Thursday, May 28th. But in reality, it started a little earlier because I took LL to post-planning with me on Tuesday and Wednesday and the Monday prior was a holiday. I've really been on summer vacation almost all week. My goal is to keep track of our ENTIRE summer since I'm able to spend all two months with her. I am SO excited about that! My baby will be almost 6 months old by the time I have to go back to work. How awesome is that?

Matt was home because he was not feeling well. He quarantined himself in our bedroom just in case he had an actual stomach bug. We did not want a 3 month old with a stomach bug. That would be absolutely NO FUN at all. It basically was like LL and I were home by ourselves. I realized yesterday how terribly off of her schedule she is. While I am so extremely grateful for all of the people that kept her for the remainder of my school year and I am so appreciative of the fact that she did not have to go to daycare, in moving back and forth between person and person, her schedule is almost non-existent. I spent all day Thursday and Friday trying to get her back on that schedule. When I went back to school, she was on a 3 1/2 - 4 hour cycle (just like she should have been), well, now it is a struggle to keep her on a 3 hour schedule. On Thursday she would go 3 1/2 hours, then 2 1/2, then 4. It was crazy. I decided that I needed to just start simply and put her back on a 3 hour schedule. This is not ideal, but I have to start somewhere. LL and I ran a few errands in town since Matt wasn't feeling good. We went to the bank (yay! money!) and Wal-Mart. Since I'm trying to keep her on her schedule, I fed her, played for an hour, and then left for our errands. That put her napping the entire time we were gone. This worked PERFECTLY and kept her on a semi-schedule. Thursday night I also had the opportunity to go to the church for a scrapbooking night with a few of the ladies. Everyone who knows that I love scrapbooking knows that I have a book for every year that we've been married. It is just the only way that I can organize a scrapbook in my head. Well, as of Thursday morning, I was on March of LAST YEAR. I was over a year behind! The night was supposed to last from 6-9, so Matt called his mom and she came over to help him with LL for the evening. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked to, but I am up to June 2008. That puts me right at a year behind and right at the start of my pregnancy. We're going to try to do this twice a month during the summer, so hopefully I'll be caught up by the time I go back to school.

Our new trick: legs up!


Matt had a wedding that he had to run sound for on Saturday, so he had to go to the rehearsal on Friday night. I had decided the week before that I would just go to my mom's house for the time frame that he was gone to the church. Other than that, I wanted to lock myself in the house all day and work on getting Lorelai back on her schedule. Since the night before was Thursday night, that meant Matt had to get up with her on Friday morning to let me sleep in. We started this when I went back to work. I have to take care of her all night on Saturday night because Sunday is such a big day for Matt. It wears me completely out! To balance it out and make it fair, since Matt has Fridays off, he would do the same thing for me on Thursday night. Friday started for me by sleeping in! Sleeping in is something that I have not been able to do a lot of since she's been born, so it was wonderful to do that this morning! We all just stayed at home on Friday and hung around the house. LL did GREAT on her schedule, so I'm hoping by this time next week she'll be all settled back into her routine.

Today I also worked on moving the clothes around in her closet. I took the tags off of everything that was 3-6 months and put them in the hamper to be washed. She has been wearing stuff that is strictly just 3 months, but since she's almost 4 now, I decided it was time to wash everything and put it in the "can be worn" section of her closet. Matt hung out with her on the floor of her room while I worked on the closet.
We also put her in her swing today for the first time in probably almost 2 months. She used to hate it (unless she was asleep), but now she loves it!

I went to my mom's for dinner because Matt had to go to a wedding rehearsal. While in Atlanta last week, my mom actually found a bathing suit that was 3-6 months. The smallest that I had found here in town was a 6 month and that was WAY too big for her. I love the bathing suit that mom picked out and it looks so cute on her! LL did wonderful and was so tired when we got home that I put her straight to bed without a bath.

I got up and had to start getting everything ready for the day because LL and I were headed to my mom's for the day to go shopping for Meatball. My sister is pregnant and is not telling anyone the name of her little boy, so we all call him Meatball. I'm throwing a shower for her on Just 20th, so we decided to do a little early shopping. While shopping, I got LL some sunglasses! I was nervous that she would hate them and wouldn't keep them on, but so far she hasn't minded them at all! Matt met me at Mom's in the afternoon, and we headed to his mom's house for dinner. About the time that we finally arrived home, Matt got a call that a church member had a family member in the hospital, so he needed to head up there. That left me to take care of bath and bed time for Lorelai all by myself. I usually don't like to do bath time by myself, but it really calms her down and gets her ready for bed.

1 comment:

Carrie Beth said...

I love this day by day account of "Life with LL!" I'm totally digging keeping up with y'all this way since I don't get to hear all about everything at school. I still don't think it's hit me that I'm not going to be there next year. I'm gonna miss y'all so much...